Effective immediately, there is a position opening for a full-time Accounting Clerk withing the Administrative Office of the Courts in Portland.
General Summary: This is responsible administrative work involved in preparing financial information and records for the Administrative Office of the Courts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes invoices submitted to the Judicial Branch for payment.
- Extensive data entry, including accounts payable, revenue refunds, inter agency payments, and journal fund transfers.
- Prepares miscellaneous accounting spreadsheets and performs related data entry.
- Assists in the review and verification of financial/statistical information.
- Assists in the daily office phone coverage.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associate’s Degree from a business school or college, or relevant experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data and to make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to perform large volumes of data entry rapidly and accurately.
- Experience in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
- Skill in the use of computers, calculators, copy machines, fax machines, and other office equipment.
- Effective customer service skills and both oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with court staff, judges, attorneys, and vendors.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment and to independently manage own workload.
Hours and Salary Information:
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary $13.65 per hour
The value of the State’s bi-weekly contribution for employee benefits is: Health Insurance $345.58, Dental Insurance $13.69, and Retirement 11.54% of salary.
How to Apply: Complete the application packet that consists of the Application, Applicant Information Survey (EEO), Background Form, that can be found by clicking "application packet" at the bottome of this page, and send along with a cover letter and resume, and MAIL or FAX them to:
The Administrative Office of the Courts
Attn: Dawn Rule, Human Resources
P.O. Box 4820
Portland, Maine 04112
Fax: (207) 822-0781
Incomplete or untimely applications will not be considered.
The application packet must be received no later than 11:59 PM on Monday, August 26, 2013.The Judicial Branch is an EOE/AA employer.