FORECLOSURE LAW CLERK - Bangor
This is a limited term position beginning immediately and ending August 15, 2014
This position provides law clerk assistance to Superior Court justices and District Court judges. The law clerk serves at the pleasure of the selecting authority, and this is a funding dependent position. Located within the Penobscot Judicial Center in Bangor.
The requirements are as follows:
- The law clerk will assist District Court judges and Superior Court justices with mortgage foreclosure case work, including: conducting thorough reviews of dispositive motions; assisting individual judges and justices in the research and drafting of memoranda and draft opinions; and assisting with day-to-day operations of hearings, trials and other foreclosure proceedings in both trial courts.
- At the direction of the supervisor, may assist clerks and judicial officers with foreclosure paperwork, informational sessions, and mediation services.
- Statewide travel is required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education/Skills/Experience/Training Required to be Considered for Employment:
- Must hold a degree in law from an accredited law school.
- Familiarity with Maine mortgage foreclosure law and summary judgment practice is preferred.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills, strength in providing meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently, and able to manage time effectively and meet deadlines while working on multiple, competing tasks.
Hours & Salary:
Hours: 40 hours weekly
Salary: $42,588.00 plus fringe benefits.
The Job description is available upon request.
How to Apply:
Selection criteria include strength of cover letter, résumé, law school transcript, two letters of recommendation from law school faculty, one letter of recommendation from most recent work experience, writing sample and interview. Successful candidate will be required to submit to criminal and other records checks.
Please MAIL or FAX the application package that can be found at the bottom of this notice, along with résumé, detailed cover letter, transcript, writing sample, and letters of recommendation to:
The Administrative Office of the Court
Attn: Dawn Rule, Human Resources
P.O. Box 4820
Portland, Maine 04112
Fax: (207) 822-0781
DEADLINE RECEIPT 11:59PM on Thursday, May 16, 2013The Judicial Branch is an EOE/AA employer.