Senior Technology Business Analyst
The State of Maine Judicial Branch is seeking a Senior Technology Business Analyst, located within the Office of Information Technology in Augusta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is professional services work, providing IT (Information Technology) liaison services for the Maine Judicial Branch (MJB), Office of Information Technology (OIT) with Vendor Partners and various other Stakeholder Groups. The Senior Technology Business Analyst serves as a lead member of the OIT Applications Team, providing functional and operational support of existing applications and development and implementation of new systems. (Please see below section named 'Essential Job Functions' for further clarification of position responsibilities and tasks.) The person in this position will ensure that applications are meeting the goals and business needs of the MJB; and as such, an extensive knowledge of both MJB applications (MEJIS-1, MEJIS-2, etc.) and the business practices and policies of the Maine Judicial Branch, are preferred. Supervisory responsibilities may be required. The incumbent will provide direction to the OIT Applications Team and at times will act on behalf of the Manager of Application Development & Implementation (Applications Manager). This position will report directly to the Applications Manager. Extensive statewide travel and non-standard work hours should be expected.
Essential Job & Functions:* (may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of he duties that may be performed.)
• Responsible for overseeing the resolution of all (tier-2) application customer support requests; troubleshooting and resolving assigned issues according to established priority, reviewing new incoming requests and assigning to other team members according to focus, priority and workload.
• Processes and fulfills assigned application requests (data extracts/reports, data updates, functionality requests, etc); ensuring that all requests adhere to and are processed according to established 'gate keeping' policies.
• Facilitates and participates in various 'User Group' sessions to include, but not limited to the following: Court Operations, Financial, Criminal Process and Family Division.
• Compiles system requirements for application enhancements and defect resolution. Work may involve use case development and other requirements gathering documentation.
• Assists in reviewing proposed and new legislation for impact to systems, forms, and manuals.
• Coordinates with Court Operations staff on case processing procedures; ensuring they are supported by application functionality.
• Works with Court Management to ensure all forms development and revisions properly integrate with the information systems and business process.
• Ensures that system requirements are conveyed and well understood by both internal and external program/development staff.
• Serves as a lead and functioning member of the OIT Applications Team, providing functional supervision to members. Note: direct supervision of staff may also be required.
• Works collaboratively with team members in the development and management of software release implementation/project schedules.
• Compiles software release documents and supporting training materials, for dissemination to end users.
• Performs limited system testing and assists as needed in the delivery of training to application end users.
Minimum Education /Experience/Training Required to be considered for Employment:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Note: An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the work may be substituted for degree.
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Experience with court case management and financial systems is preferred.
• Experience training and providing technical assistance to individuals learning the processing of cases, through a court case management system, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Adequately Perform Job Duties:
• Understanding of and capacity to champion organizational change.
• The ability to effectively lead, motivate and train a diverse technical, professional and clerical staff.
• Demonstrated customer service experience with proven track record of customer satisfaction.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve identified application issues.
• Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies is preferred.
• Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinate team members.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand MJB applications and business practices and policies.
• The ability to prioritize and align work in order to meet the business needs of the MJB.
• Ability to serve and effectively function as part of a team, in both a lead and membership capacity.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to map out complex business processes - converting to technical system requirements and specifications, orally and is writing.
• Proficiency using e-mail, Word, Excel spreadsheets, and other computer applications.
• Comfortable operating with, and optimizing limited resources.
• Demonstrated flexibility and aptitude in learning new technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
• Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to interact with colleagues, members of the public, judges, attorneys, and government officials in a variety of situations and circumstances.
Hours and Salary Information:
Hours: Full-time (75 hours bi-weekly)
Salary: $45,981.00 to $59,884.50
The value of the State's bi-weekly contribution for employee benefits is: Health Insurance $345.58, Dental Insurance $13.69, and Retirement 11.54% of salary.
How to Apply:
Please MAIL or FAX the application package that can be found at http://www.courts.state.me.us/jobs/jobs.html, and clicking on the job title, along with a cover letter and resume to:
The Administrative Office of the Courts
Attn: Dawn Rule, Human Resources
P.O. Box 4820
Portland, Maine 04112
Fax: (207) 822-0781
Incomplete or untimely applications will not be considered.
Application must be received no later than 11:59 PM on Thursday, October 17, 2013.
The Judicial Branch is an EEO/AA employer.