State of Maine v. Alexis Wright
Alexis Wright's sentencing is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 31, 2013 at the York County Superior Court in Alfred, Maine.
The Maine Judicial Branch has set up a web page for posting of information in the case of State of Maine v. Alexis Wright. We have prepared this page to assure full access to the media and the public without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair trial. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities. All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) will be available on this page, and will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to law enforcement or other government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case Name: State of Maine v. Alexis Wright
Docket Number: YORSC-CR-12-2050
The documents below are in PDF format. In order to open the documents below, you will need the a current version Adobe Reader. You may download the free version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- October 12, 2012, Order on Motion to Strike Surplusage from Indictment M.R. Crim.P. 7(d)
- October 19, 2012: State's Response to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss and Request for Clarification of Discovery Order( Dated October 18, 2012)
- October 22, 2012: State's Report on October 18, 2012 Discovery
- October 25, 2012: State's Report on the Status of Discovery
- October 29, 2012: State's Report on Taxation Discovery
- November 9, 2012: Motion to Sever with Incorporated Memorandum of Law
- November 9, 2012: Defendant Mark Strong's Objection to State's Notice of Joinder, Pursuant to M.R. Crim. P. 8(d) and Motion to Sever the Trial
- November 9, 2012: Order on Notice of Joinder
- November 9, 2012: Scheduling Order
- November 15, 2012: Motion to Reconsider Joinder and Opposition to Severance M.R. Crim.O. 8(b)(c)
- November 26, 2012: Defendant's Objection To State's Motion To Reconsider Joinder And Opposition To Severance
- December 5, 2012: Order
- December 12, 2012: Order on Motion to Reconsider
- March 20, 2013: Defendant's Unopposed Motion to Enlarge Time to File Pretrial Motions
Deputy District Attorney Justina McGettigan
45 Kennebunk Road Alfred, ME 04002
Phone : (207) 324-8001
Fax: (207) 490-6990
Sarah A. Churchill, Esq.
Nichols, Webb & Loranger
110 Main Street
Saco, ME 04072
Courthouse: York County Superior Courthouse
Courthouse Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
Cameras and Audio Recording in Courtrooms
Maine has strict rules about whether or when cameras are permitted to be used in the courtroom, and in every case, the presiding justice may impose additional conditions to assure a fair trial. Such additional conditions may include, pooling of cameras.
Information about cameras and audio recording equipment is available in Administrative Order JB-05-15 ( A. 9-11).
The form to request audio or camera coverage can be found below:
Media Notification -- Requested Coverage of Court Proceedings (Fillable PDF)
This is a new form to be used by members of the media who are requesting media coverage in District or Superior court proceedings. All forms should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the proceedings to the Clerk of Court office that is handling the case. In order to open the form, you will need the a current version Adobe Reader. You may download the free version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Electronic Devices: Administrative Order JB-05-16 (A. 5-08) Use of other electronic devices, such as a laptop, tablets and smart phones is prohibited without the consent of the judge.
No telephone calls please.
Interviews: No interviews may be conducted inside the Courthouse, and entrances are not to be blocked.
Decorum: Recording personnel shall wear appropriate and neat attire consistent with participation in matters of serious concern. Neither the camera nor the recording personnel shall have any insignia or other indication of organizational affiliation. The use of any electronic device in the courtroom is prohibited without the written consent of the presiding justice. Place all cell phones in vibrate or silent mode. Violators will be removed from the courtroom.
Members of the media who require further assistance can contact Mary Ann Lynch, Director of Court Information or Tracie Lammers, Web Services Coordinator. Ms. Lynch may be reached at (207) 592-5940 or via email Mary.Ann.Lynch@courts.maine.gov. Ms. Lammers may be reached at (207) 822-0718 or Tracie.Lammers@courts.maine.gov .