Latest News & Announcements
- May 17, 2013: Supreme Judicial Court Announces Amendment to the Maine Code of Judicial Conduct Canon 3(B)(12) (Eff. June 1, 2013)
- April 30, 2013: Maine Voices: Lawyers in Libraries -- in case you get the book thrown at you (This link will re-direct to the Portland Press Herald site)
- April 29, 2013: Lawyers to be stationed in libraries across state to offer free legal advice ( Think link will re-direct to the Bangor Daily News site)
- March 6, 2013: Recommendations for Amending the Maine Rules for Guardians Ad Litem Report to the Supreme Judicial Court by the Guardian Ad Litem Stakeholders Group
This report has been received by the Supreme Judicial Court. The Court will next consider the recommendations and determine the next steps.
- March 5, 2013: SJC invites final comments on proposed amendments to Maine Rules of Criminal Procedure regarding formal offers for plea agreements
- February 8, 2013: SJC invites comments on proposed amendments to Maine Rules of Probate Procedure and revisions to probate forms
- February 8, 2013: SJC has determined not to adopt proposed Maine Rules for Parenting Coordinators
- January 30, 2013: Supreme Judicial Court invites amicus briefs on Superior Court's dismissal of invasion-of-privacy counts in State of Maine v. Mark W. Strong Sr.
- January 18, 2013: Notice about parking at Biddeford District Court on January 31- February 1, 2013
- January 10, 2013: Supreme Judicial Court Invites Comments on Proposed Rules for Parenting Coordinators
- January 1, 2013: Notice Regarding Dissolution of the Maine CANEP Program Maine CANEP Advisory Panel
View older news
Cameras and Audio Recording in Courtrooms
Information about cameras and audio recording equipment is available in Administrative Order JB-05-15 ( A. 9-11).
This is a new form to be used by members of the media who are requesting media coverage in District or Superior court proceedings. All forms should be submitted to the Clerk of Court office that is handling the case. In order to open the form, you will need the a current version Adobe Reader. You may download the free version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Members of the media who require further assistance can contact Mary Ann Lynch, Director of Court Information or Tracie Lammers, Web Services Coordinator. Ms. Lynch may be reached at (207) 592-5940 or via email Mary.Ann.Lynch@courts.maine.gov . Ms. Lammers may be reached at (207) 822-0718 or Tracie.Lammers@courts.maine.gov .