NOTICE: In observance of the Memorial Day holiday, all Court and Administrative Offices will be closed on Monday, May 27th, 2013.
Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- May 17, 2013: Supreme Judicial Court Announces Amendment to the Maine Code of Judicial Conduct Canon 3(B)(12) (Eff. June 1, 2013)
- April 30, 2013: Maine Voices: Lawyers in Libraries -- in case you get the book thrown at you (This link will re-direct to the Portland Press Herald site)
- April 29, 2013: Lawyers to be stationed in libraries across state to offer free legal advice (This link will re-direct to the Bangor Daily News site)
- March 7, 2013: Justice Jon D. Levy of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court and JAG Vice-Chair Federal Magistrate John H. Rich III, address the Joint Standing Committee on the Judiciary (PDF)
- March 6, 2013: Recommendations for Amending the Maine Rules for Guardians Ad Litem Report to the Supreme Judicial Court by the Guardian Ad Litem Stakeholders Group
This report has been received by the Supreme Judicial Court. The Court will next consider the recommendations and determine the next steps.
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice