The Courts will be closed on Monday April 21, 2014 in observation of Patriot's Day.
Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- March 20, 2014: Supreme Judicial Court invites comments on amendments to Maine Rules of Criminal Procedure regarding obtaining and using location and content information of cell phones and other portable electronic devices. Comments due by April 11, 2014.
- February 24, 2014: State of Judiciary scheduled for Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- February 19, 2014: FDP Announces Release of Annual Report
- February 10, 2014: Judicial Branch Court Interpreter Program Update
- January 24, 2014: Maine Court Issues Phone Scam Warning
- January 23, 2014: Family Division Task Force Charter 2013
- January 14, 2014: Maine Courts to Honor Court Interpreters
- January 11, 2014: MEDIA ADVISORY. An email scam alleging "illegal software use"has been reported in other states that says recipients are expected or ordered to appear in an unspecified state court. Anyone receiving such an email in Maine should not open any attachments or click on links in the emails. A notice about upcoming court appearances in Maine would not be given to state residents in this manner. In other states, these emails have impersonated the domain names of well known national law firms and may contain an attachment, supposedly a court notice or summons, or may contain a link to a website. Some reports say that the attachment or link may download a virus onto the user's computer or device. Maine people should know that they are never summonsed to court via an email.
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice